We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Grapes "Jupiter" at one time was brought to our country from the United States, where it was obtained as a result of selection work. The parent line of this grape is unknown, but the variety has become very popular among winegrowers. Presumably, the variety was obtained at the University of Arkansas eighteen years ago. According to some reports, the varieties Vitis Labruska and Vitis Vinifera were used for crossing.
Grapes "Jupiter" is one of the most popular and best seedless varieties, Compared favorably with both the quality of the berries and the indicators of stability. The purpose of this variety is universal. Berries are not only consumed fresh, but also in demand in the manufacture of wines, as well as dried fruits.
The ripening period of grapes "Jupiter" is early. Harvest can be harvested after 105-120 days. Bushes of root plants are medium-sized. When growing grafted seedlings, strong growth is observed. Fruitful shoots form 2-4 inflorescences.
Bunches are formed of medium size, weighing from 250 to 500 g. Timely processing allows you to get large clusters, the weight of which reaches 800 g. The form of a bunch of grapes is cylindrical, with moderate friability and the presence of a large wing.
Berries of grapes "Jupiter are large, not very characteristic of raisins. The average weight of the berries is 5 g. The shape is oval, with a characteristic red or saturated pink color. At the stage of complete ripening, the berries acquire a dark blue color.
The pulp of berries of this variety is characterized by meatiness and pronounced juiciness. Taste indicators are good, with nutmeg and fruity notes in the aroma. Some berries may have a slight isabella flavor.
The peel on the berries is quite dense and inaccessible to wasps. The bones are either completely absent or a small amount of vestiges is present. The fully ripened berry is resistant to cracking and is suitable for obtaining high-quality raisins. Sugar accumulation rates do not exceed 21% with an average juice acidity of 6 g.
Grapes "Jupiter": American variety
Advantages and disadvantages
Grapes "Jupiter" has pronounced advantages over other varieties of seedless grape raisins:
- the root system has high frost resistance, reaching -27 ° C;
- berries are resistant to cracking, regardless of climatic and weather conditions;
- indicators of resistance of grape bushes to damage by fungal diseases are quite average;
- the yield is high, averages 230 kg / ha, and is very stable;
- wasp, this variety is almost never damaged;
- the variety has ideal weight grape brushes that are well sold;
- allowed cultivation of grapes of this variety without the use of rationing.
When cultivating, it should be borne in mind that the variety requires prophylactic treatments against diseases and pests, and it is also recommended to use heavy crops and abundant irrigation measures to increase crop yield until the crop is fully ripe.
Grapes "Jupiter" has a very high survival rate (easily takes root on rootstocks). It is allowed to plant both on the vaccine and on its own seedling according to the standard scheme:
- site preparation with the removal of all weeds and deep tillage;
- digging of a landing hole or trench;
- placement of seedlings in prepared planting pits;
- mulching the planting of grape seedlings with peat mix;
- watering seedlings and fixing them on supporting pegs.
The first week it is recommended to conduct abundant irrigation activities. Grapes "Jupiter" possesses not only good ripening of shoots, but also quick rooting of cuttings. Fruiting occurs on the 2nd or 3rd year after planting seedlings.
Care measures are standard and not difficult for both experienced and novice gardeners. It is very important to observe during the growing process some of the requirements that are due to varietal characteristics:
- despite the fact that the grape bushes of this variety withstand the load of the crop well and it is allowed not to use rationing, in order to get an early and plentiful harvest of grape brushes with high commercial qualities, all inflorescences should be removed, except for the two lower ones;
- the optimal load level for each grape bush should be about 35-40 shoots;
- pruning of the vine is recommended for 6-8 eyes;
- the vine is responsive to the use of HA, which greatly facilitates the earlier harvest of a beautiful, salable brush;
- when the shoots freeze, the Jupiter grape bushes are able to fully recover in the shortest possible time;
- a significant number of shoots formed on replacing buds belong to the category of fruitful;
- stably high affinity (anatomical and physiological affinity for European varieties) is observed on rootstocks Berlandieri, Riparia, Kober 5BB and СО4;
- two prophylactic treatments with systemic drugs against mildew and oidium lesions are required;
- Jupiter grape bushes are highly responsive to irrigation events, therefore, high-quality, plentiful irrigation of a vineyard of this variety should be carried out before harvesting.
Grapes "Jupiter" is very unpretentious, caring for it is not difficult, so the variety is widely used. Very spectacular grapes of this variety look when decorating arches and pergolas.
Vine growers recommend the formation of bushes in the form of two-shouldered horizontal cordons, break out undeveloped shoots, and for winter use agrofabric to cover the vineyard. Many winegrowers cultivating this variety in regions with a mild winter period grow it as a non-covering culture.
When grown in a homestead economy in berries, rudiments of seeds are often observed quite often, but they are quite soft and are practically not felt when eating. It is very important to carry out periodic top dressing of bushes with mineral or organic fertilizers. The most responsive variety is the introduction of liquid manure as fertilizer.
How to plant grapes in autumn
Grapes "Jupiter" can be classified as very technological varieties and is best suited for cultivation in large planting areas. A plant of this variety rarely requires the use of shelter for the winter. Quite often, winegrowers confuse the variety with "Jupiter" from the Slovak selection, which has completely different characteristics.